Friday, March 1, 2013

Moments before going on stage...

I like getting amped up.

I see people just stroll on stage, and that's fine for them. But I need some intensity. Some esprit de corp.  Getting hands in, touching each others backs, all that silly stuff I think has a real positive effect.

Brian Gray used to always give a little pep talk before Irony City shows, "you're playing with the best people you could be playing with tonight". And I miss it.

If you've gotten into the just sit-and-chat-and-opps-it's-places! routine try some psyching up, some "gotcha backs", some "'Fuck the audience' on three!".  Might not work for you all the time, but a little extra energy never hurt anyone. 

There are grumpuses think it's lame and childish and etc... but you are just getting ready to out and maybe be a anthropomorphic barrel or kitty cat or hyrdogen atom for 20 minutes so why judge?



No comments:

Post a Comment