Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Improv Advent #10

10 - Three Takes on Inevitable Funniness

Improv taught me that if you keep talking long enough, you'll say something funny
-Jeff Franklin Taken From Improv Comedy by Andy Goldberg


Take One - The Bad Take

Good point! I'll just keep talking constantly in scene! Finally, some advice that validates my motormouth style! 

Take Two - A Take I Like Better

Good point! I don't have to worry. I can just let the scene go, the funny will come out of me eventually because I'm a funny person. Just relax and go with the moment, I'll get there.

Take Three - A Take I Like Even Better Even Though It Gets Persnickety With Semantics

Good point... with some additions. Don't worry about saying something funny, something funny will happen naturally through the work. In fact, nothing that's said or done might be funny in of itself at all, but as long as everyone plays honestly what happens in the reality of the scene might be funny because life is funny sometimes. So don't sweat it and just be in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment